Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Lunch on Singapore Airlines



They served a starter of satay first, which was covered with a pretty tasty peanut sauce. The sticks of satay were probably the frozen type, but it was decently tender.

The lobster salad with balsamic vinegar dressing was light and refreshing. I have my doubts about the lobster though, as it was too perfectly cylindrical. However it had the right bite and texture of lobster. Not quite sure, but it was quite good.

I was torn between ordering the roast salmon and the mushroom ravioli for my main. In the end I went for the roast salmon with potatos and leek, as it was "specially created for Singapore Airlines by Gordon Ramsey". Wow, the celebrity chef! If I don't get to dine at his restaurants here, at least I can say I tried one of his creations. It was very good. The salmon was tender and not overcooked, which is something since it is easy to overcook salmon even the comfort of one's familiar kitchen. The leek was tender and the potatos were well roasted, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

Never thought I would say something like this... but I liked this airplane meal.

No comments: