Monday, May 28, 2007

Megumi Japanese Restaurant

In all my years of dating DH whilst he lived in the East (8 years) and the years that we've been married and lived in the East (almost 3 years), we've never eaten at this place. So, when Chat Masala was full this evening, DH and I ended up walking over to Megumi for a quick dinner.



The signature megumi maki (SGD12) was ordinary california maki (crab stick, avocado) coated with seaweed and with tobikko sprinkled on top.



DH's ramen (SGD15.80) was like prawn noodles from beach road. The ramen tasted like the yellow noodles, thick and soft, and not at all like the ramen we've eaten in Japan, or even say Marutama's. The soup stock tasted like it had a hearty dose of MSG.



I didn't take any photos of my chirashi (sashimi on sushi rice, SGD16.80), but the fish was sliced so thin, I could see through it.



It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.



As we left, I noticed that they had a white board with the day's offerings. Maybe I should have had something from that menu instead?



DESSERT AT HOME



After that unsatisfying meal, I went home, put Baby to bed, and then made dessert.

Shiratama azuki (glutinous rice balls, with red beans) and macha ice cream from Haagen Daaz. Mmm, lovely.

1 comment:

phynel said...

you can try here click to read more More Help try these out visit this site right here More Help